I am currently a Chowla Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Pennsylvania State University. Previously, I was a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Mathematics at the University of British Columbia, working with prof. Lior Silberman and prof. Pablo Shmerkin. Before that, I was a Ph.D. student in the Department of Mathematics at ETH Zurich, working under the supervision of prof. Manfred Einsiedler.
My main research area is dynamical systems, with connections to geometry, number theory and probability theory. For a more detailed description, see the Research page.
Here is my CV:
Department of Mathematics
Pennsylvania State University
203 McAllister Building
State College, PA 16801, U.S.
- -spectra of dynamically driven self-similar measures: the multi-dimensional case. Dynamical Systems Seminar, Penn State University Park Campus (U.S.), 09/10/2023.
- The -spectrum of dynamically driven self-similar measures in arbitrary dimension (link to YouTube video). One World Fractals (online meeting), 20/09/2023.
- Randomness of flows in negative curvature. Probability and Dynamics seminar, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Victoria (Canada), 28/03/2023.
- Asymptotic behaviour of expanding circles on compact hyperbolic surfaces. University of California San Diego Group Actions Seminar (on Zoom), 16/03/2023.
- Randomness of deterministic processes in negative curvature. UBC Probability seminar, Department of Mathematics, UBC (Canada), 08/03/2023.
- Harmonic analysis and equidistribution: recent instances of a
long-standing connection. Harmonic Analysis and Fractal Geometry Seminar, Department of Mathematics, UBC (Canada), 08/02/2023.
- Expanding homogeneous curves on compact surfaces: the exact equidistribution rate. Semi-annual Workshop in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics, Fall meeting. Dedicated to 75th birthdays of Michael Brin and Yakov Pesin. Penn State University Park campus (U.S.), 06/11/2022.
- Ergodic properties of large circles: from Euclidean to hyperbolic geometry. Ergodic theory seminar, Department of Mathematics, UBC (Canada), 29/09/2022.
- Folding dilating shapes: a journey from Euclidean to hyperbolic geometry (link to YouTube video). DinAmicI VII. The Riemann International School of Mathematics, Varese (Italy), 08/06/2022.
- Asymptotics of the equidistribution rate of expanding circles on compact hyperbolic quotients and applications (link to YouTube video). New England Dynamics and Number Theory Seminar (online seminar), 07/04/2022.
Conferences and activities
Here are some conferences I’m (most likely) attending in the near future:
- 2023 Midwest Dynamical Systems Conference. University of Illinois Chicago (U.S.), 20/10/2023-22/10/2023.
- 34th Fall meeting of the Semi-annual Workshop in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics. Penn State University Park campus (U.S.), 02/11/2023-05/11-2023.
The following is a list of conferences I have attended in the past:
- Zurich Dynamics Conference. University of Zurich (Switzerland), 12/06/2023-16/06/2023.
- Dynamics, Rigidity and Arithmetic in Hyperbolic Geometry. ICERM, Brown University (U.S.), 15/05/2023-19/05/2023.
- Partial hyperbolicity. Semi-annual Workshop in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics, Spring meeting. University of Maryland (U.S.), 08/05/2023-12/05/2023.
- Semi-annual Workshop in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics, Fall meeting. Dedicated to 75th birthdays of Michael Brin and Yakov Pesin. Penn State University Park campus (U.S.), 03/11/2022-06/11/2022.
- International conference on Dynamical Systems. Celebrating the 60th birthday of Marcelo Viana. IMPA, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), 24/10/2022-28/10/2022.Recent Advances in Dynamics, Geometry, and Number Theory. A conference in honor of Svetlana Katok’s birthday. Penn State University Park campus (U.S.), 27/08/2022-28/08/2022.
- Dynamics Week in Jerusalem. The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem (Israel), 03/07/2022-08/07/2022.
- Marc Burger’s Prime. ETH, Zurich (Switzerland), 29/06/2022-03/07/2022.
- The circle at infinity: an international colloquium in honour of Curtis T. McMullen. Harvard University, Cambridge (U.S.), 15/06/2022-17/06/2022.
- Ergodic geometry, number theory and Margulis legacy: the next generation. University of Chicago, Chicago (U.S.), 12/06/2022-15/06/2022.
- DinAmicI VII. The Riemann International School of Mathematics, Varese (Italy), 06/06/2022-09/06/2022.
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft: Thin Groups and Strong Approximation. Matematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, Oberwolfach (Germany), 10/10/2021-15/10/2021.
- Counting problems. Ventotene (Italy), 06/09/2021-11/09/2021.
- Modern Aspects of Dynamical Systems. CIME, Cetraro (Italy), 02/08/2021-06/08/2021.
- Dynamics and Geometry online summer school. CMI-HIMR, Bristol (UK), 21/06/2021-02/07/2021.
- Transfer operators in number theory and quantum chaos. HIM, Bonn (Germany), 03/02/2020-07/02/2020.
- Winter school on Dynamics, Topology and Numbers. HIM, Bonn (Germany), 13/01/2020-17/01/2020.