I am currently a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Mathematics at the University of British Columbia (Vancouver), working with prof. Lior Silberman and prof. Pablo Shmerkin. Previously, I was a Ph.D. student in the Department of Mathematics at ETH Zurich, working under the supervision of prof. Manfred Einsiedler. Starting from September 2023, I will join the Department of Mathematics at Pennsylvania State University as a Chowla Research Assistant Professor.
My main research area is dynamical systems, with connections to geometry, number theory and probability theory. For a more detailed description, see the Research page.
Here is my CV:
Department of Mathematics
University of British Columbia
1984 Mathematics Road
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z2, Canada
Past and future talks
- Expanding homogeneous curves on compact surfaces: the exact equidistribution rate. Semi-annual Workshop in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics, Fall meeting. Dedicated to 75th birthdays of Michael Brin and Yakov Pesin. Penn State University Park campus (U.S.), 06/11/2022.
- Ergodic properties of large circles: from Euclidean to hyperbolic geometry (live and on Zoom). Ergodic theory seminar, Department of Mathematics, UBC (Canada), 29/09/2022.
- Folding dilating shapes: a journey from Euclidean to hyperbolic geometry (link to YouTube video). DinAmicI VII. The Riemann International School of Mathematics, Varese (Italy), 08/06/2022.
- Asymptotics of the equidistribution rate of expanding circles on compact hyperbolic quotients and applications (link to Zoom recording). New England Dynamics and Number Theory Seminar (online seminar), 07/04/2022.
Conferences and activities
Here are some conferences I’m (most likely) attending in the near future:
- Partial hyperbolicity. University of Maryland (U.S.), 08/05/2023-12/05/2023.
The following is a list of conferences I have attended in the past:
- Semi-annual Workshop in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics, Fall meeting. Dedicated to 75th birthdays of Michael Brin and Yakov Pesin. Penn State University Park campus (U.S.), 03/11/2022-06/11/2022.
- International conference on Dynamical Systems. Celebrating the 60th birthday of Marcelo Viana. IMPA, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), 24/10/2022-28/10/2022.Recent Advances in Dynamics, Geometry, and Number Theory. A conference in honor of Svetlana Katok’s birthday. Penn State University Park campus (U.S.), 27/08/2022-28/08/2022.
- Dynamics Week in Jerusalem. The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem (Israel), 03/07/2022-08/07/2022.
- Marc Burger’s Prime. ETH, Zurich (Switzerland), 29/06/2022-03/07/2022.
- The circle at infinity: an international colloquium in honour of Curtis T. McMullen. Harvard University, Cambridge (U.S.), 15/06/2022-17/06/2022.
- Ergodic geometry, number theory and Margulis legacy: the next generation. University of Chicago, Chicago (U.S.), 12/06/2022-15/06/2022.
- DinAmicI VII. The Riemann International School of Mathematics, Varese (Italy), 06/06/2022-09/06/2022.
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft: Thin Groups and Strong Approximation. Matematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, Oberwolfach (Germany), 10/10/2021-15/10/2021.
- Counting problems. Ventotene (Italy), 06/09/2021-11/09/2021.
- Modern Aspects of Dynamical Systems. CIME, Cetraro (Italy), 02/08/2021-06/08/2021.
- Dynamics and Geometry online summer school. CMI-HIMR, Bristol (UK), 21/06/2021-02/07/2021.
- Transfer operators in number theory and quantum chaos. HIM, Bonn (Germany), 03/02/2020-07/02/2020.
- Winter school on Dynamics, Topology and Numbers. HIM, Bonn (Germany), 13/01/2020-17/01/2020.